Aug 1st, 2021
Ron is a third-generation gardener who loves and enjoys growing roses. He also shares his experience with others who have the same desire to grow champion roses and other plants and to do so successfully.
Below are some of his rose growing achievements and skills:
- Master Consulting Rosarian with the American Rose Society
- Member of Nashville Rose Society — 2009 Bronze Medal Winner — Co-President
- Consulting Rosarian for Belmont University Adelecia Acklen Rose Garden and other public and private gardens
- Master Gardener for Sumner County Master Gardeners of the State of Tennessee
- Marketing Representative for “HOLY COW” premium soil mix
- Garden speaker with the main topic being Growing and Caring for Roses
- Featured guest on 2 shows of the “Volunteer Gardner,” a national cable NPT television program
- Featured guest on Rose Chat Podcast with the topic being “How to Grow Roses”
“I have enjoyed growing roses for more than 20 years and I grow and maintain 150 rose plants in my garden at my home in Hendersonville, Tennessee. These roses include Hybrid Teas, Grandifloras, Shrub Roses, Miniatures, Climbers, David Austin English Roses, and other companion plants. These roses provide me much pleasure, but they also provide for an ongoing flower ministry at my church, Long Hollow Baptist Church located in Hendersonville, Tennessee.”
Ron’s Personal Mission Statement:
“To grow roses and to share with others. Teach beginners rose-growing basics. Open my personal garden up to public garden tours. To continue to learn about growing roses and remain teachable. Committed to mentor and encourage others on how to care for and share roses"
Here is the label that Ron referred to. These go on all roses at the garden centers they partner with.
Teresa Byington - www.TheGardenDiary.com